Sunday, December 13, 2015

Suitcase Interior Re-Design


This darling little tweed suitcase looked pretty good on the outside, but its interior was showing much wear and tear.


After pulling out the interior lining, 


I purchased some coordinating cotton duck fabric.


I laid out the fabric to fit each side adding about 1/2 an inch extra to fold under creating nice, neat edges.


After getting the shape and size,


I pressed seams under,


cutting small slits in the seam allowances on the corners


to get a smooth, nice, fit.


Then, using craft glue...


and liberally applying it to the suitcase lid,


I glued the new lining in place.


With the inner bottom and top lid covered, I created a band of fabric to go around the inner sides.


The freshly lined suitcase was now suitable to be used in fall displays. A simple swag of shipping tags spelling out "Autumn" and a few vintage thermoses to hold flowers and utensils made it perfectly suited for a harvest picnic.

All photographs taken by Paulette Rodriguez.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.