Sunday, October 18, 2015

Porch Season Transformation


The front porch has gone full-on autumn!
and the transformation to a harvest-inspired vignette in a warm and spicy pallet was pretty effortless with some odds and ends pulled from my junk collections.


I started by covering my existing pillows with cases made from men's dress shirts in autumn plaids. These I purchased years ago at a local thrift store and used for chair back covers.



And so the re-purposed got re-purposed yet again! 


A vintage thermos in bright orange; an old, green water jug; and a handful of gourds got me off to a good start.


The addition of a couple of old yard tools I picked up during a summer junk dig were tucked behind the old trunk. This simple addition provided some much needed height, depth, and added texture to the display.


 With a bit of green chalk paint and wax on the frame and chalkboard paint on the center raised panel transformed, this discarded cupboard door became the perfect "Harvest" sign.


A handful of dried wheat and a big, beautiful, sunny mum completed the transformation.

"Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
- George Eliot

All photographs taken by Paulette Rodriguez.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.