Saturday, February 21, 2015

Color Inspiration

Lately I've been thinking about what specifically attracts me when shopping for junk finds and influences me when making decorating choices for my home.  My most recent paint and decor selections have been bold and bright, perhaps just shy of...clownish.  What does that say about me, and should I be worried?

I do love any and all items deemed obsolete technology - vintage typewriters, phones, cameras, and clocks.  And I rarely turn away from vintage luggage.  But aside from the actual piece, what it is that captures my attention, draws me in, and makes me swoon?

I've recently gone through the thousands of pictures I've taken over the years in an attempt to organize my photos.  Through this process I may have found a possible answer to my previous question.  Color.



Bright, cheery colors make me happy.  I'm drawn to the vibrant colors I see in nature:

Bright red tomatoes clinging to a green vine, 

 

shiny orange tangerines in a turquoise colander, 


shades of blue in a flower, a lake, and a clear summer sky.

 

or a simple crisp green apple sitting atop a plank of old worn wood.

 

Beautiful color is all around us, and it can have an effect on our mood and disposition.

 

Perhaps nature's colors are the sources of my inspiration,

 

the muse that inspires me to select the pieces I select,

 

 and the colors in which I chose to live.

 

Nature's color pallet.

 

Oh!  What fun it will be to see how these inspirations manifest themselves in future junk finds and decor choices!

 

"Color in a picture is like enthusiasm in life."
~ Vincent Van Gogh




"The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love color the most."
~ John Ruskin




"Your life is a canvas; make sure you paint yourself a whole lot of colorful days."
~ Unknown



"...because she choose to see the world in bright bold colors."
~ Unknown


Hope your day is full of happiness and some bright, bold colors!

All photos taken by Paulette Rodriguez.


4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this! I am drawn to bright colors and this blog has made such amazing connections!! Color really DOES paint the mood of the day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How liberating it has been to allow the colors I love to take residence in our home! Life is short - live boldly! - live in full color!

      Delete
  2. "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." -Georgia O'Keefe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful quote! Thanks to you and Lisa for your continued support. It is much appreciated.

      Delete

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.