Sunday, January 18, 2015

Men's Jacket Gift Bags


After cutting up several wool jackets for use in a small lap quilt I made for my son.  I had a few choice pieces left over.


  I really enjoy making wine bottle sleeves out of the sleeves of men's dress shirts, so I saved one sleeve of each of the 3 jackets.  I thought I'd create gift bags for a few bottles of liquor I was planning to give as holiday gifts.


After turning the sleeve inside out, I sewed along the more flared side to make the bag more narrow and cut off the excess fabric


I then sewed along both the bottom and the newly trimmed edge.


After slipping the bottle in, I attached a gift tag around the neck of the bottle with a strap of leather cord.

The woolen sleeve gift bags were a huge success.  I'll drink to that!


All photographs were taken by Paulette Rodriguez





1 comment:

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.