Sunday, June 22, 2014

Library Signs Update



In a recent post I talked about making distressed wooden signs for the new school library.
Yesterday they went up!







And thanks to reader, Kat, who reminded me of the need for a "Circulation" sign, 


all necessary library sections have now been labeled.


There was a space right above my office bookshelves that was simply crying out for it' a sign of its own, and so I obliged with a simple message of "Choose Happy!"


And oh! I am quite happy to see this empty room become a place where children can find answers to their burning questions; 
explore this, and other, worlds;
take an adventure;
visit the past and imagine their futures; 
and delight in stories that will enrich their lives!

Ha! I'm positively giddy already and the books haven't even come in yet!

All photographs taken by Paulette Rodriguez.


5 comments:

  1. Those kids are SO LUCKY! (This post made me a little nostalgic. And by "nostalgic," I mean tearful.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!
    Just checking to see if you sell these. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Palo Verde Library! I'm glad you like the signs! I don't sell them, but I do encourage you to make some yourself. It's a pretty simple and inexpensive project.
      I'd make some for you, but I'm afraid the shipping costs would be pricey.
      Best of luck to you. If you decide to try your hand at making the signs, I'd love to see the results!

      Delete
  3. Hi Paulette,
    I love your signs they are so bright and cheery...I would like to make them myself but not sure where to start? Were they difficult? How did you get the lettering so perfect? Would you mind posting steps or directions???
    Thanks
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Again,
    I was just searching around your blog and actually found the steps you posted...I guess I should have dug a little deeper first! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.