Sunday, February 2, 2014

Star-Powered Fence Pickets


Old pickets still have plenty of star-power!


Recently my husband has been replacing damaged pickets from our backyard fence.
Rather than tossing the old pickets in the trash, I pulled several out of the pile, and in classic "junker" style, created something new out of the old!


I simply cut each of five pickets to the same length,


and began laying them out in a star shape.


Once all the pieces of the star had been cut,


the pieces were nailed together, using small scrap pieces to fill the gaps between some of the star arms.


 I opted to make two stars: a large star to hang on the side yard fence, and a smaller one to hang near the dry stream bed by our driveway.



All photographs taken by Paulette Rodriguez.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.