Sunday, February 9, 2014

Vintage Vessels and Gorgeous Blooms

I buy fresh flowers every week.
For far too long I would have considered such a practice frivolous and wasteful, even going so far as to discourage my husband from gifting me blooms for special occasions.


Fresh-cut Flowers and Blue Mason Jar


Not anymore! A.) I've become much wiser as I've gotten older and now understand the importance of treating oneself with simple pleasures.  And b.) Affordable, fresh-cut flowers are readily available at the local markets, allowing even a frugal thrifter like me to fill her home with beautiful blooms!


I still don't care for formally arranged flowers.  I prefer them to look as though they've been casually gathered from the garden, brought in, placed in any vessel close at hand, and set down serendipitously.


As a lover of all things vintage, it is my opinion that nothing is more suited for casual flower display than vintage Blue Mason jars, tiny cut glass vases, vintage thermoses,


Vintage Silver Teapot and Fresh Blooms

silver teapots, 


Rustic Crock and Colorful Blooms

or rustic crockery.
And so, while ambling through thrift stores, flea markets, and garage sales I'll often pick a few vessels to hold the blooms of My Flower Obsession! 

All photographs taken by Paulette Rodriguez.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.