Sunday, September 8, 2013

Scrabble Tiles


I do love Scrabble tiles.  
I buy them every time I find them at the digs.  They cost next to nothing when I buy them there, as I pay by the pound.  Scrabble tiles don't weigh much, but they sure can make a big impression!


This Scrabble question sits in front of the circulation desk at the library.  



This one serves as my nameplate.  My students love to tell me how much I'm worth while they wait for me to check out their books.



And these two remind students who they are!




This statement pair sit on my husband's beside table next to a favorite family photo.  
I made it a few years ago for Valentine's Day and sent it to him.  He'd been living in Washington DC for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and we'd been away from each other for almost 7 months.  These few words spelled out so simply said all he really needed to hear.


I discovered you can glue two Scrabble letter trays together to 
accommodate a larger phrase.  
  I made it thinking I'd someday use it for the header on my blog or facebook page.  For now it sits atop the old cupboard where I work on my craft projects.


Single Scrabble letters work well for monograms, like on this darling, little napkin ring,



and a whole bunch work well glued to the Scrabble board.  Pictured above is the Pledge of Allegiance I wrote out for a display in the library.

I still have a cigar box full of Scrabble tiles and few letter trays.  I'm sure they'll all eventually get used up.  For what it's worth, I've still got so much to say.

All photographs taken by Paulette Rodriguez.

2 comments:

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.