Sunday, September 29, 2013

Book Letters



The other day a coworker showed me an awesome book letter she'd been gifted that was made out of an old Reader's Digest condensed book.  I thought it was the coolest thing ever!  


 I really wanted to try to make my own, so I went out and bought a few books from the local thrift store.


Using plain old printer paper I drew out my letter pattern,


and traced the letter onto the top of a book.


I then used my scroll saw to cut the letters out...


y voila!  An awesome book letter! 
Tres Chic, n'est pas!


Add a gift tag and they'll be ready for gift giving!


All photographs taken by Paulette Rodriguez.

5 comments:

  1. Love Your book letters! So glad we talked and I checked back to see the pictures.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You are so talented. Do you recover the books or did you find them like that? They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, as you probably know it all comes down to having the right tool. The scroll saw really does most of the work. The books I used come just as you see in the picture. They are Reader's Digest condensed collections. Look for them at most thrift stores for a couple bucks or less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can conjointly build a router table fence that has clamps engineered into it to secure it to the table. Add further options to your router table like a router fence vacuum.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.