Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Objects of My Affection

I've been making frequent stops at the local thrift stores in the hopes of finding a tea pot.  I've gathered a rather nice collection of teacups and saucers, and certainly have enough for my entertaining needs, but I still haven't found the china tea pot I so desire.


I recently found a nice set of vintage china, sans pot however, and just had to purchase a few of the pieces: four cups, four saucers, and both the creamer and sugar bowl.


Not the tea pot I'd been hoping for, but how I could I possibly be disappointed; I was thrilled with my little set. 


This weekend a quick trip to the new Savers store rewarded me with yet another sweet little teacup and saucer pair.  With it's band of golden yellow roses and highlights of blue, it was simply too hard to resist. 



Another treasure I found while searching for the elusive china tea pot is this adorable Landers, Frary, and Clark Universal coffee percolator from the 1950s - 1960s.  It cleaned up beautifully and works like a charm.  Making enough coffee for two, its just the right size for me to use at my desk at work.


My coffee breaks are now just a bit more special, and yes, even a bit more relaxing.




All photographs taken by Paulette Rodriguez.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.