Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tea Time in Texas

A new store opened up by the mall a couple weeks ago, and it's not yet another high-end department store.
It's a Savers Thrift Store!
I went and checked it out Saturday morning. 
It's got all the things you'd expect in a thrift store: books, home accents, clothes, toys, and linens. 
I didn't see a whole lot of vintage items, but I did score a couple of silverplated service pieces and a few nice china tea cups, saucers, and dessert plates.  


This silverplated condiment set (spoon not shown) needed just a bit of polish to 
bring back its luster.


Here it sits upon a small silverplated serving tray I purchased for just $3.


I picked up three sweet china cup and saucer sets, as well as 4 dessert plates, of this simple pink and green floral pattern, Abingdon. I know it's not a complete set; I purposely left some pieces behind.  I'm going for the eclectic look of mismatched china on the table.  
Much shabbier, and oh so much chic-er!  This plan allows me to pick up wayward pieces at bargain prices, and I don't settle for pieces that have chips.
My maiden voyage to the new Savers I considered hugely successful.


On the way home, I stopped at the Goodwill just up the street to see what they had in the way of china cups.  I found two cup and saucer pairs and the creamer to match.  


I opted not to purchase the sugar bowl as it was missing its top, but now am thinking I should go back and rescue it.  


I also picked up this single teacup for a mere 79 cents.  It's so delicate. I love its simple shape and the colors are just so lovely.  I simply could not leave this one behind.   


I'll now be scouring every known thrift store in the area in search of tea cups, saucers, dessert plates, and tea pots.  As soon as I have service for twelve, 
I'll be hosting an afternoon tea!


All photographs taken by Paulette Rodriguez.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.