Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Belated Anniversary

It's been just over a year since I started my blog.  
I started writing it because I wanted a place to talk about, and post pictures of, the amazing treasures I find on my junking trips.  Quite frankly my family members just couldn't muster up enthusiasm week after week for my detailed tales about digging through junk stores for vintage suitcases, old clocks, manual typewriters, and other assorted booty. 
 The conversations would go a little something like this:

"OH. MY. GAWD!  COME AND LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND TODAY!" I'd squeal as I'd bust through the door presenting my latest dirty, rusty, funky-smelling, and often grimy find.  "ISN'T IT JUST WONDERFUL!"

  "yea.     wow.     nice.     it looks just like the one you found last week," they would monotonously respond.  

"NO, NO, SEE!  THIS ONE HAS A DIFFERENT HANDLE.  AND SEE HOW IT HAS THESE BUILT-IN COMPARTMENTS!"

"yea.    sure.    hey... uh...could you, like, move over a little?  you're kind of blocking my game." 

I'd dejectedly walk away.  Then I'd think that surely once I cleaned up my find, THEN they'd see how awesome it was.  Yea...that's it.

"Hey, Mom?"

"YES, SON!"

"You're not, like, gonna turn in to a hoarder are you?"

And so, I started blogging. 
I sort of pretend that I'm having a conversation with a good friend who LOVES JUNKING as much as I do, and who finds all of my junking treasures to be truly amazing.  Admittedly, the conversation is totally one-sided, and I'm never really sure if anyone's listening. You'all could be walking away right in the middle of the conversation, and I'd never know.  
I'm OK with that.  

My Junk Obsession blog is the best outlet for my interests, passions, self-expression, and creativity - junking, photography, the love of rust, and the somewhat delusional belief that someone is truly interested in my quiirky collections and re-purpose creations.  

I set a goal about mid-way through the year to reach 10,000 hits by my one-year anniversary.  
I didn't reach my goal at the year's end, but I have now, just 26 days later!

And it's because of you!  Yes, you:
the dedicated follower,
the kind supporter who clicks my facebook links,
the stranger who happened upon my page after clicking on an image found in a Google search,
the Pinterest re-pinner,
the curious lurker,
the new friend (ami, amigo, freunde, mik, vriend, prijatel, vriend, ven, megobari, dost, amico, cara, tomodachi, jingu, dust, rafiki) who reads my blog from around the world,
the lost internet searcher who clicked by mistake and wondered, "What the hell...?"
Your clicks to My Junk Obsession helped me reach my goal!  
 I want you to know that I do so appreciate your readership and support.

"OH. MY. GAWD! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I FOUND TODAY!..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.