Saturday, March 3, 2012

Antique Cheney Victrola

Vintage Cheney Victrola
This Cheney victrola didn't sell in a friend's neighborhood garage sale. Thankfully she called and offered it to me before it got sent off with all the other assorted items that didn't sell. It has a few nicks, scratches, and a stain on the top. It doesn't work, and I can't afford to have it evaluated and repaired just yet, but it's certainly usable. A good dusting, some minor touch-ups, and good rub down with furniture oil was all that was required to bring back some of its original splendor.

Antique Cheney Victrola
I have an odd-sized niche in my living room next to the fireplace where the victrola fits beautifully and serves as the perfect base-piece for this vignette. The lower cabinets house old vinyl records and our iPod speaker system; the top displays family photos. I can't imagine a more perfect furniture piece to fit our home's decor.

Someday I hope to give this piece the care it deserves. Until then, it will grace our quiet room with its warmth, charm, and musical history.

All photos by Paulette Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.