Sunday, February 26, 2012

How it all started.


I started junking while in college. 
Like most students I had little money but many needs. I began exploring in a nearby thrift store hoping to find usable dishes, pots and pans, lamps, and any and all necessary items for furnishing my small apartment. I soon discovered that along with the practical, usable items I needed for day-to-day living, I also found whimsical treasures that made me smile and fed my fancy. My first purchases were a wool fisherman's sweater and a few vintage hats. The sweater I wore often; the hats I displayed.

I lived for awhile in an area that had no real sweet spots for junkers and thrifters, so my passion and energy transferred to other projects and hobbies.

After relocating to the Austin area several years ago, 
I've reignited my passion for junking and all things vintage. 
This is my story.

All photos by Paulette Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. It may take a little time for your comment to post. Thanks in advance for your patience.